Maryland Neuro-Rehab & Wellness Center: Long-COVID Syndrome Rehabilitation in Pikesville, MD
Feeling Wiped Out After Covid-19?
A few commonly experienced side effects of Long-COVID Syndrome include:
- Bodily aches and pains
- Dizziness and Vertigo
- Weakness, Fatigue, and Exhaustion
- Shortness of breath with basic self-care
- Neck, Rib, Back pain from accessory breathing
- Difficulty with walking or standing due to exhaustion or muscle cramps
- Brain-fog, memory loss
- Confusion/ Anxiety/ depression
- Hopelessness and Frustration
How We Can Help You
What Can a Physical Therapy Rehab Team Can Do to Help You Recover from the Symptoms of COVID-19?
While many people recover from Covid-19 without lingering effects, others may experience a feeling of brain-fog, muscle and joint aches, extreme fatigue and shortness-of-breath for months following their illness. This has become known as “Long-COVID Syndrome,” and it often requires carefully graded, gentle, and prolonged rehabilitation for your body to regain its strength and return to normal.
COVID-19 side effects should be treated just like any other kind of physical trauma that results in pain. Regaining your strength back after COVID-19 can be a long process, but physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy can help. Our skilled therapists at Maryland Neuro-Rehab & Wellness Center can help you regain muscle strength, stamina, and energy through the following types of programs:
- Gentle, graded upper and lower body strengthening
- Balance and gait training
- Carefully monitored and steadily graded cardio conditioning
- Chewing, and swallowing assessment and strengthening exercises
- Breathing exercises to increase breath support and lung capacity
- Yoga Stretching
- Massage and Soft-Tissue Mobilization
- Mind-Body awareness and Guided Meditation
- Cognitive Retraining for memory and organization
- Stress-management coping strategies
Want To Learn More?
Your therapists will complete a full assessment of your condition, ask you health-related questions regarding your experience with COVID-19, and pinpoint the exact areas on your body that are stiff, weak, or painful. From there, we will create a customized treatment plan specific to your needs for optimizing your levels of function and restoring your prior level of health.